Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Seattle, an Outlook from a Wanderer

Currently chillin' in Seattle on this nice morning.

Ok, so really I crashed extremely early yesterday and now woke up earlier than I expected. So right now, while Jason's completely knocked out on the couch, I figure it'd be the best time to go and give a brief outlook on what I've come to know as Seattle, Washington. So naturally it's time to present...

Seattle, an Outlook from a Wanderer
The coffee capital of the nation certainly doesn't disappoint, as the first thing I saw when I got off the plain was a Starbucks directly in front of me. Going from the airport to downtown Seattle really is an astonishing sight, as not only do you see a giant water mass in the distance, but also next to it are the two stadiums, home of the Seahawks and Mariners. It really is an incredible view, and for it to only be on the way to downtown... I'm surprised there aren't more traffic jams because of car accidents or something... where the hell are all the tourists?!

... well, turns out they're all in the shopping district of sorts. The place is amazing, and really it reminds me of the streets of Taipei (just not as big). For those of you back in Vegas, it's kind of like an "actual" Town Square feeling (then again, Town Square was supposed to give that feeling off), but since the buildings were taller it was better. The streets are always busy with people walking around, and unlike Las Vegas, public transportation is a big must.

In my two days being in Seattle (thus far), I've learned a few things:
1. The bus system of courtesy works just like in Taiwan.
2. Never walk around alone, as you're more likely a target for money.
3. People in Seattle are really something else... unique in their own way.
4. You don't really have to tip in any place in Seattle, but you'll be thought of as extremely generous if you do...

... ok, so it's only a few, but Jason's showing me the Chinatown area today, so I'll be taking a look at the "other side" of town soon enough.

No comments: