Monday, August 4, 2008

Hip-Hop Internationals 2008

So, just got back from Hip-Hop Internationals (which, this year, was hosted at Planet Hollywood), and needless to say it was REDICTIFYINGLY AWESOME.

No, seriously, it was insanity. To be able to sit
that close from the stage was truly an experience. We (My brother, sister, sister's friends (Mark and Connie), China, and me) were roughly in the dead center 16 rows back. The choreography was amazing, and naturally, one of my greatest dreams had come to fruition... I got to meet the entire Kaba Modern crew (Indeed, even cooler in real life).

Yes, it was amazing. The Japanese crews were epic (though, perhaps the coolest thing was this boy that was dancing in the Jr. division... the
only guy in all 4 Japanese teams that were in the Finals Competition. I'm sure that in the future he'll become a major pimp... I mean, it's bound to happen. New Zealand's crews were very... violent, in a sense.

Other than that, it was very depressing that other than Flos Angeles & Kaba Modern, the rest of the US teams weren't really that good. Flos' compilation was very unique and had the flair, but lacked anything truly difficult, while Kaba remained true to their style, lots of isolations but nothing spectactular that really wowed like they did in last year's. The Phillipine All-Stars (they won World's this year)
KILLED this year, it was crazy to even comprehend what they did... I swear there was actually 10 of them, cause they kept flying around.

All in all, a
VERY epic day... Afterwards, I bought a DVD, and we (China & me) got seperated from my brother and them, and we got a photo with some of the members of the Japanese team(s).



That guy in the back sort of appeared, it was hilarious cause he kept smiling at me about something after the photo, and it didn't occur to me what it was until I saw the photo. (He's from one of the UK crews, so it was alright). lol

The poppin' & Bboy battles were way more intense, and I'm still wanting to meet the one insane dude at the poppin' battle... every part of his body is like seperated from himself... it was insane. Oh well...

Anyway, I'm sure eventually I'll remind myself to write the AX '08 experience, but really... it doesn't work if I type it out... you literally have to listen to me explain the "pain" of it. ahaha.

No comments: