Saturday, May 17, 2008

Memory of the Past - pt.1

As people know, today is A-tech's big Prom night.

It feels kind of weird, saying "I'm not going to prom" and actually not going to prom, but it's true. It feels weirder since for two years I've said that I've had a prom date already, that I promised.

It's a weird and long story, but it's a story none-the-less.

"Meems"
It seems that all the important people I've ever met have a name pertaining to the use of my nickname that I give them of "Meems." Few people have heard the original person for this, but nobody's heard this one.

Ironically enough, I met this Meems before I even knew her. From what we gathered, it was at some event where I had gotten myself hopelessly lost freshman year. I ran into her (who, incidentally, was lost) and we were just hanging out for the time being... Strangely enough, I never got her name that time, and before the event ended we found our respective groups and just, parted ways.

Skip two years later, where I joined a forum for some general anime discussion and met this person who, when first having some hot debate about whether or not the story was going to arc in a certain direction, I found her to be very... interesting. After talking about politics, the world, we began talking about our lives... and once I began to talk about A-Tech, suddenly we struck up a conversation about how she used to live in Vegas, and then after telling funny stores, we told the exact same story... about getting lost and meeting a random person... and where it turned out that we were each other in that memory. I mean, what were the odds of that happening?

It was weird to be talking to her, now that she was in New Jersey. From then on, we would chat every chance we could, at times for ages. Our longest conversation ended up being almost 48 hours... Over the summer, it was endless conversations through a webcam, talking about the day, about hanging out with friends... everything. And she told me that if she regretted anything that it was not being able to go to prom. So I told her, "You come back to Vegas and I'll take you to prom."

It was a deal... I even promised her I'd apply to Princeton, just as a wild shot, and meet up with her. But I haven't heard from her in awhile; A long while actually. Princeton is a dream, rejected with a vengeance really. I think I'll still head over there to find out what happened to her... go find out where she's disappeared to.

... a reason why I didn't go prom this year, but that's not the only reason. I mean, everybody knows why else I didn't go, but Elaine's an entirely different reason.

No comments: